Affordable Waste Collection for Holiday Properties
By law, holiday lets and self-catering accommodation need to pay for a commercial waste collection service. This is now being enforced by the Isle of Wight Council.
Our service covers the whole Island and we have 2 options available for holiday properties:
- Waste Collection at £2.00 per bag
- No contractual commitment
- Owners must supply their own outside bins
- We can supply and deliver 240 litre wheelie bins at £50 or 2 for £90
- Fixed annual charge of £520 (charged pro-rata the rest of this year to April) [The same, or less than the Council’s Household Subscription Service Charge]
- Collections can be arranged on departure days [Which the Council will not do]
- All waste will be collected on each visit [The Council will only collect general or recycling each week as per residential rota]
- Wheelie bin supply included in annual charge
We offer both options to all holiday properties, below gives a rough guide to when option 2 offers you the best value.
- 2 Beds 55+ collections per year
- 3 Beds 40+ collections per year
- 4 Beds 30+ collections per year
- 5 Beds 20+ collections per year
For further details or if you have an queries please give us a call or contact us via this form
Under the Environmental Protection Act (1990), all businesses (including those operating from home), have a legal responsibility to safely contain and dispose of any waste produced as a result of their business. This legal responsibility extends to holiday let properties which are classified as commercial waste producers under the Controlled Waste Regulations (2012). The legislation states that these premises are businesses and should pay for a commercial waste service, including collection and disposal charges.
Wight Choice is a licensed waste carrier with the Environment Agency Registration # CBDU238622